Clear Legal Hotline

Before CLEAR can help you, an assessor must determine that you are eligible for services. Due to limited resources, lawyers and paralegals cannot speak to all callers, and services are aimed at people with issues that affect basic needs such as housing, income, medical care and family security. There are several ways to access legal assistance depending on where you live. Call 211 for information and referrals to an appropriate legal service provider Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. You can also call (206) 461-3200 or the toll-free number, which may be helpful if you are calling from a pay phone, 1-877-211-9274. 211 will provide free interpreters to appellants if necessary. Callers who are deaf and hard of hearing can dial 1-800-833-6384 or 711 to be connected free of charge to a relay operator, who then connects them to 211. If you are looking for civil assistance, call the Northwest Justice Project`s Coordinated Legal Education Advice & Referral hotline at 1-888-201-1014. The CLEAR hotline is open Monday to Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. CLEAR is a high-volume legal aid service.

Often, there are more people trying to reach CLEAR than lawyers helping them. You may receive a message “Due to the high volume of calls, we are currently unable to handle additional calls” asking you to call back later. Please be patient and keep trying. Once there is the ability to answer another call, CLEAR will reopen and you will pass. The Northwest Justice Project (NJP) is the legal aid program funded by the State of Washington. Each year, the NJP provides significant civilian support and representation to thousands of low-income people in cases involving basic human needs such as family safety and security, housing preservation, income protection, access to health care, education and other basic needs. Visit the NjP Get Legal Aid page for more information on how to get legal counsel. After all, here are some legal assistance programs in your county. If you are eligible for their services, your call will be forwarded to a lawyer or paralegal for an in-depth interview to assess your legal problem and, if possible, advise and support you immediately. In addition, NJP will determine if you need additional legal assistance and will try to arrange additional assistance.

Assistance can be provided by phone and electronically, or you can be directed to a local MFN office or other legal services program for assistance. Another resource is, an online self-help center with hundreds of legal resources, forms, and instructions (in multiple languages), including document compilation technology and instructional videos. If you are allowed to speak to a lawyer or paralegal, they will ask you questions about your problem. Please keep documents or documents about your problem with you when you call. It will also help you if you have important information such as the names of the people involved in the issue, as well as their addresses and phone numbers. Apply online: You can also apply for legal aid online via CLEAR*Online. If you have a low income, you can call the Northwest Justice Project`s toll-free helpline, CLEAR (Coordinated Legal Education, Advice and Referral), Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at 1-888-201-1014 to see if you qualify for legal advice or help. If your problem is more complicated and you need representation, CLEAR`s lawyer will try to refer you to a legal aid provider in your community. Callers who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired can call CLEAR via the relay service of their choice. Callers communicating in ASL may choose to obtain legal assistance in ASL through the video/video relay service.

Based on the information you give to the CLEAR lawyer, they can give you oral or written advice that can help you solve your problem on your own. They also have an extensive library of information materials to help you understand your legal rights and defend your own interests. If your problem is covered by any of these documents, CLEAR`s lawyer will send them to you free of charge. If you`re looking for basic information about the law, legal issues, and self-help solutions on a variety of topics, head over to WashingtonLawHelp. You will find hundreds of up-to-date brochures and materials on many topics that affect low-income people. These are organized according to categories of legal problems. If you have a non-criminal problem, you can call CLEAR (toll-free) at 1-888-201-1014 for legal advice, help and information. If you need more comprehensive legal advice, CLEAR may refer you to a local legal aid provider if a bank transfer is available.

More information about CLEAR can be found here: CLEAR is the central suction point for civil legal aid in Washington State, operated by NJP. CLEAR provides limited legal assistance to eligible clients with specific legal issues and refers to local Northwest Justice Project offices and other civil legal aid providers for more comprehensive support. The Office of Legal Aid in Civil Matters is not a provider of legal aid in civil matters. Services are provided by non-profit legal aid organizations throughout the state. CLEAR is open Monday to Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. NJP CLEAR lawyers often assist a caller by preparing court documents, negotiating on your behalf, and advocating on your behalf. Learn more about Calling CLEAR. What can you expect when you call CLEAR or CLEAR*Sr? also hosts Washington Forms Online, which allows users to answer questions that automatically fill out family law and other forms, and provide instructions. If you are a resident of King County, call 211 or 1-800-621-4636 (toll-free). When you call on behalf of another person, CLEAR staff will decide if they can speak to you or if they should speak directly to the person on whose behalf you are calling. Online check-in only works on desktop computers.

It doesn`t work on mobile phones. This online application process will likely take 10 to 15 minutes. You will be asked questions about the nature of the problem you are experiencing, your household income and the wealth of your household. Please collect this information before you begin. 125% of the federal poverty line; Up to 200% with certain eligible costs To ensure that CLEAR does not compromise your rights or the rights of another client due to a conflict of interest, CLEAR employees will ask you for information about the person, company or agency with which you have a problem. Translation and interpretation services are provided as required. If you need help with a foreclosure case, call 1-800-606-4819. Call CLEAR*Sr (toll-free) at 1-888-387-7111 (available nationally, regardless of income) Monday to Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (CLEAR*Sr is available nationally, regardless of income.

Low-income seniors can also call the CLEAR main line at 1-888-201-1014, from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Monday to Friday. In some cases, CLEAR`s lawyer may try to resolve your issue through negotiations. An interpreter will be provided free of charge to callers if necessary. If you have a low income and don`t live in King County, apply online with CLEAR*Online: Many self-help resources are available in languages other than English, including Arabic, Cambodian, Chinese, Spanish, Hmong, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Russian, Somali, and Vietnamese. Important note: Customers who contact CLEAR*Sr from 9:15 a.m.